A volunteer packet must be completed every school year in order to help out on campus or in the classroom, as a field trip chaperone or program docent. Follow these steps to get started as soon as possible, as processing by the district can take weeks or months. We look forward to working with you!
- Complete the Volunteer Packet and return it to the front office along with TB clearance and fingerprinting receipt. Print a copy from the link or pick up one in the front office (both are already signed by Principal Bennett).
- ALL volunteers must complete a LiveScan fingerprint. Fingerprinting is available at the Serna Center at 5735 47th Ave. View this form for instructions. If there is no lapse in your volunteer status, this does not need to be done every year.
- TB tests vary in cost from $15-75 and are valid for 4 years. Search the Internet for locations near you.
- Complete the SCUSD Mandated Reporter Training for volunteers. A new certificate of completion must be provided each school year.
- Report Vaccination Status and Register for Testing
- Review Safe and Appropriate Boundaries
- Once a criminal background check is complete, the SCUSD HR Department will contact Tahoe's administrators with permission to begin volunteer service.
Email here to apply for a needs-based scholarship.