A volunteer packet must be completed every school year in order to help out on campus or in the classroom, as a field trip chaperone or program docent. Follow these steps to get going, as processing by the district can take a bit. We look forward to working with you!
- Complete the Volunteer Packet and return it to the front office along with TB clearance and fingerprinting receipt. Print a copy from the link or pick up one in the front office (both are already signed by Principal Bennett).
- ALL Volunteers must LiveScan fingerprint. Fingerprinting is available at the Serna Center at 5735 47th Ave. View this form for instructions. If there is no lapse in your volunteer status, this does not need to be done every year.
- TB tests vary in cost from $15-75 and are good for 4 years. Search the internet for locations near you.
- Participate in SCUSD Mandated Reporter Training. This must be completed each school year.
- Report Vaccination Status and Register for Testing
- Review Safe and Appropriate Boundaries
- Once a criminal background check is complete, the SCUSD HR Department will contact Tahoe's administrators with permission to begin volunteer service.
- Please note: all volunteers need to come in early to be tested for Covid prior to entering classrooms or working with students.
Email here to apply for a needs-based scholarship.